Saturday, June 12, 2010

GABBF

If you're from Danville, then you know GABBF stands for Great American Brass Band Festival. GABBF is taking place this weekend. The weather has been better than expected, and thus far it's been a weekend full of fun activities.

On Friday, we went to the hot air balloon race. Unfortunately, the balloon race did not take place. The winds were too high. Due the weather, the race got rescheduled to Sunday evening. We did, however, get to have a picnic, and fellowship with friends and family. The kids got to play, while the adults watched a marching band perform.




On Saturday morning, we headed downtown to watch the GABBF parade. The kids enjoyed listening to the marching bands. At one point, Shelby climbed out of the wagon and started dancing on the sidewalk. The one time I wished I had my video camera!


I get chills each time I hear music and American soldiers stand in salute of our great nation. We live in such a wonderful place. A place which we often take for granted.




My future Miss America!


My handsome little man!



On Saturday evening, my niece and nephew stayed at our place and watched the kids, while we ventured downtown to listen to music. We sat on the lawn of Centre College, listening to many great brass bands until the sky turned dark. It was definitely a great experience!

0 comments: