Saturday, October 23, 2010

Last Several Weeks

The last several weeks have been crazy. We've had a lot going on. Just a small recap for you (haha!).

Will ended his third season of soccer. He is quite the player! We are so proud of him.

My sister and I took Shelby's two year old pictures at Waveland, a historic site located in Lexington. I have lots of great pictures and will post more at a later date.


Blake and I went on a dinner date to the grand opening of Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse. We saw a live performance of both he and his brother, John Michael Montgomery.



We moved into our house. I would say it is mostly decorated, but still needs some work. I have a handful of things to do before I consider us completely settled. We at least got all our boxes unpacked. Thanks to my mom for helping to make that happen! I haven't had a chance to take pictures of the inside yet. Hopefully I'll be able to do that in the next few days.




Shelby has shown a keen interest in the potty. She is potty training and doing very well. She has a potty seat that plays music each time she uses the potty. It's funny to see her facel light up when the music begins. We're so proud of her. I told myself I would never put a child in pull-ups ever again, but I didn't live by my word. Early on in her training, I would find diapers all over the house. Shelby was walking around the house diaperless! She was taking herself to the potty and leaving diapers where ever. I was not going to risk her making a big mess in our new house! Needless to say, this child is wearing pull-ups (for now, anyway)!

Will has had two school field trips (one to visit area businesses in downtown Danville, and another at Bi-Water Farms in Georgetown, KY).




About a year ago this time, we found a church home. We officially joined the church a few weeks ago. This picture was taken by IHCC.


Basically, our lives have been a little more than busy! We are happy and loving life together as a family in our new home. Will and Shelby are growing up so fast too!

We had our first overnight guests last weekend. Nana and Papa came in for a visit! We had a nice time and were so glad to see them. The six of us made a trip to Boyd Orchards in Versaille, and then had a nice dinner afterwards. Will and Shelby had a great time! On the following day, they were sad to see them leave.



0 comments: