Friday, June 12, 2009

My First VBS

Next week I'll be teaching four year old vacation bible school at our church. This will be my first time teaching VBS. I am so excited God has called me to this ministry. What a blessing it will be to teach His children. I am looking forward to a week full of fun!

This years theme is "Crocodile Dock". I've spent some time this week preparing for our classroom. My classroom assistant and I put together one of our many props, a crocodile! It's made of chicken wire and paper mache. My son and I painted it this evening. He was just amazed by it. I got a kick out of what he said when he first saw it.

W: "Mommy what are we going to name him?"
Me: "What do you think we should name him?
W: "Alli... (short pause)...Alligator! (~followed by a giggle)

I am just amazed how funny children can be. They are truly a gift from God.


First layer of paper mache



A crocodile in our front yard.
Yikes!!





0 comments: