Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Prince and Princess



Shelby had her 18 month check up today. She weighed 25 pounds and was 31.75 inches tall! She does not like going to the doctor very well. She cried when both the nurse and doctor approached her.

Thank goodness for Starburst candy! We got through the appointment. She did get one shot. And she cried (as most kids would). Afterward, I told her I would be taking her to see Will, Coleman, and Keenan. She perked up immediately and was back to being herself again! I hope she always gets that excited to see her brother.

Will and Shelby are growing right before our eyes. Today, I was thinking of how I used to rock Will to sleep while he was an infant. As he became a toddler, I would ly down right beside him in his toddler bed and stay there until he fell asleep (yes, believe it or not his bed was big and strong enough for both he and Momma!). I remember when I used to nurse Shelby and rock her in my arms until she fell asleep. She's getting to big to be cradled so she lays her head over my shoulder at night. And when she feels the time is right, she'll reach out and give me a big kiss. I sometimes get several kisses!
Her hugs are special too.

This evening was bath night. Will and Shelby both love taking baths. If you mention the word bath, Shelby gets so excited. She will say "Baff" over and over until you take her into the bath.






Blake and I feel very special to have such wonderful, healthy children. We all often take life for granted and don't realize how much God has richly blessed our families. Our children are healthy and smart and we thank God for that everyday. There are so many children who are less fortunate, especially those struggling to live in Haiti. Take time to give your child an extra hug or kiss tonight. Hold them tight and tell them how much you love and adore them!

0 comments: