Thursday, January 7, 2010

Proud Mommy Moments


I am having one of those proud mommy moments!!

Will is such a smart guy. He started reading about 3 weeks ago. His nightly routine consists of watching one cartoon and reading one book. We usually read to him. He gets to pick whichever book he wants. Tonight he let me pick! I asked if he would read
Put Me in the Zoo. And he did just that! He read about 98% of the book!!! Daddy and I are so proud of him. It kind of makes me sad my baby is growing up. He always asks, "Mommy why do you call me baby? Shelby is the baby." I tell him it is because he will always be my baby no matter how big he gets. I guess that's what we mom's do! Believe it or not, my mom still calls me her baby. I used to hate it too. I guess now I understand. So much changes when you have children of your own.

Shelby is learning to talk and interact a little. She seems to have picked up several new words this week. I got a kick out of her her last week. On Friday evening she started with a fever. She and I barely slept that night. Short story version was she had canker sores on the back of her throat. When she woke up that night (at 2AM), she and I went past Will's room and with a finger to her mouth she said (or should I say shouted!), "Shhhh, Bubeeze....shhhh, Bubeeze!" She continued to repeat herself as I ran the both of us into the guest room. I was afraid she might wake Will. That sick little girl (with a temp. of 202.2) had me giggling!

Kids are so much fun!!



0 comments: