Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our Father

Today marks 5 years since my father passed away. It's hard getting through May 15th without a feeling of sadness or tears of joy. Although I miss my father so much, I know he is in the right place. Dad was in a lot of pain during the last two weeks of his life. It was very difficult for us to see him that way. It is good to know there are no tears of sadness in heaven. God says in Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Inserted in my bible is a memory booklet from my father's funeral. I keep it there to serve as a constant reminder that even though he is in Heaven, a part of him is still with us. I treasure all the memories he and I shared. He was a great father and friend!


God Saw You
God saw you were getting tired
And a cure was not to be,
So he put his arm around you
And whispered. "Come to me."
With tearful eyes we watched you
And saw you pass away,
And though we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

Today we visited his grave site and planted flowers. I am fortunate to be one mile away from where he was laid to rest. He rests in a very beautiful place.






I enjoy looking through family photos. Dad always knew how to make us laugh! Here are some wedding photos from 5 of his 6 daughters (I was unable to locate a picture of Chris).
Dad was proud of his girls. I don't know how he stayed sane when we took over the house.


Michelle


Heather




Kim


Diane

Notice my father pushing Diane out the door and holding up three fingers. This means he was down three weddings and only three more to go!


Cindy


0 comments: