Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Starting K

Will's first day of kindergarten is tomorrow. Makes me sad to think my little boy is moving on and will be away from home all day (~sniff, sniff). I told him today I was going to be sad leaving him at school tomorrow. He said, "Don't worry Mommy, I'm coming back home. I'm just going to school." If he only knew how I really felt about letting him go to school. Just makes we want to stop time.

A week ago, Will attended Kindergarten Jump Start. He was so excited. The school seemed so big to him and so small to me. I remember feeling like that when I was in school. I attended the very same elementary many, many years ago! Everything seemed so big and I was fearful at times. Every child goes through it. I often wonder how he will feel on his first day of school. Two of his preschool friends are in the same class so I know he will like that! He is so outgoing and always enjoys meeting new friends. No one is ever a stranger to him. He is a super smart kid, and we are very thankful for him. During our visit last week, I stood by him as he wandered around the room. He read the posters on the wall. I don't recall seeing one thing he could not read! That just blows me away!! His teacher said the children should be at level 10 by the end of the year. I am very interested to know his current reading level!

Just this evening, I was looking back at some pictures of Will. He has changed so much over the years. I can hardly believe he came into our lives 5 years ago. Time goes by so quickly!

2005 - I remember the day he was born.
He was the sweetest baby boy.


Mr. Personality!


2006 - He and Daddy, Easter Sunday


2007 - Celebrating Will's 2nd Birthday




2007- One of his no so happy moments. Shame on
mommy for taking pictures during my nap time!


2008 - He's a big brother!


2008 - First Day of 3 Year Old Preschool


Learning to ride a toy gator!


2009 - Lexington Bluegrass Fair


2009 - Buzz and Bo Peep's Lost Sheep


2009 - First Day of 4 Year Old Preschool at LABC



0 comments: