Friday, May 1, 2009

My Kitchen

Welcome to my kitchen! A place I call "home".

My husband and I had this home built back in 2004 and later closed on it in January of 2005. It seems like it was just yesterday we were closing on this house. I was 6 months pregnant at the time (carrying Will) and we were so proud to be building a new home.

This was our second time building a new home and from previous experience we knew the kitchen would be a very important room in the house. We wanted stainless steel appliances, nice light fixtures, and lots of counter space.

We painted all of the rooms in the house ourselves. As a matter a fact, the kitchen was painted twice. The first color we picked seemed to make the space too dark so we decided to change it up a bit. We felt we needed to open up the space so yellow seemed to be the perfect fit. We also added bead board throughout the breakfast area.

When my husband and I married we received the most beautiful china set. It's called Palatial Platinum by Mikasa. They were by far some of the most exquisite wedding gifts received.

Some Christmas' ago we received these holiday accents plates, which are also made by Mikasa. They make a very nice touch to each of our place settings. Although we have not used our china very much, it is sure to be a family heirloom!!


Our everyday china is Fiestaware. We have 8 different colored sets, all which can be mix and match. I love them because they are plain, yet very colorful.

This is where I keep all of my favorite recipes.




This is one of my favorite pieces in the kitchen right now. It sits just above my kitchen sink. My son made this in preschool last week. He decorated it all by himself. Hopefully we'll have some grass growing in it soon!




I hope you enjoyed taking a peek into my kitchen! Stay tuned next Friday to enjoy yet another room of our home.



**Our house is currently up for sale.**

It's been on the market for about 8 weeks now. If you were watching the Today Show on April 17th at 9am, you might have seen our house on national television! Check it out for yourself! Our house is the first one you see listed.

You're probably wondering.... How did that come about?? To make a long story short, Barbara Corcoran's Executive Personal Assistant contacted our Realtor after finding our house on the internet. NBC was interested in featuring our home (OUR HOME!!) on the Today Show real estate segment "What You Can Buy for ...". We certainly accepted their request. We were all too amazed by it all!!

If you interested in seeing a full tour of our home, click here.

0 comments: