Friday, May 29, 2009

My Children's Room




Will and Shelby have the best rooms in the house. They are certainly my favorite bedrooms. My sister painted the wall art and murals in their room. She always does a fabulous job!

Shelby's room was a big paint job for mommy! It had previously been W's until he turned three, then we moved him down the hall so it could later become Shelby's room. I had painted this large mural in the corner of the room for W. It of course had to removed so I sanded it down and repainted the walls green. I was a little sad about having to paint over the mural, but I quickly got over it. I'll have to admit there were a few tears shed.

Shelby's room is now painted green, just a shade lighter than our living room. It has light green polka dots painted at the top of the walls. It's not girly unless you have polka dots somewhere in the room!

This is where Shelby and I spent many late nights while everyone else in the house was asleep! It was always hard getting up in the middle of night for feedings, but thank goodness it was only for a short period of time. Shelby was a great baby. She and brother both started sleeping through the night at around 10 weeks of age. I was a very lucky momma!


These are 5x7 canvas boards, each hand-painted
by Shelby's aunt. They are individually hung with
pink satin polka dot ribbons.

The valence in Shelby's room is made from a sheet
of canvas. Another one of H's crafty ideas.


One of my favorite pieces in the room is this
area rug purchased from Pottery Barn. You
can never go wrong with Pottery Barn!




This is big brother's room. It's painted in a
light butter cream,and decorated in red, white, and blue.


Just before Shelby was born, brother got this big boy bed.
He was so proud! Mommy was a little sad though.
W was no longer her little baby anymore.

This is W's train table. He is a huge fan of Thomas.
He definitely has plenty of toys to keep him busy!


W enjoys playing in his room. He recently started
listening to music while he plays. He has always liked
music and is a huge fan of the Little Einsteins. He knows
more about music than I will ever know!


7 comments:

The McBrayer family said...

That window treatment in Shelby's room is the absolute cutest thing I've ever seen!! How precious! hmm...now where to copy that idea in my girl's rooms?? ha!

Angie said...

You are a talented lady! I LOOOOVE that canvas idea! And the hint of stripes in your little boys room! (Let's not forget the Taylor Swift playing in the background :)

Jessica K. said...

I LOVE the rooms! I especially like your daughters room! Girl nurseries are so dang cute! I LOVE the crib!!

Have a great sunday!!

Unknown said...

Too stinkin' cute!

Blessed Beyond said...

I love the kids rooms! They are both so cute! I too would have shed tears over painting over the mural! But it looks great now!

Mommy said...

WOW!! The mural on Shelby's room is so WONDERFUL!! Love it! Very nice..thanks for sharing :)

Jocelyn said...

I love the murals!