Sunday, May 3, 2009

What's for Dinner

Have you ever tried Cracker Barrel's Wild Maine Blueberry Pancakes?? If you have not, then you should try them the next time you are there (or better yet, make them yourself!). Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite places to eat. I would probably eat there everyday if I could. Their Wild Maine Pancakes are the best pancakes on the menu. They are awesome. I mean really awesome!!

A few weeks ago I was at Walmart, and I had maple syrup on my shopping list. My husband and I always make a shopping list, but I somehow walk out of the grocery with a lot more items than what is on my list. Imagine that! I guess they say going to the grocery when you are NOT hungry really is a good idea. Anyway, I found the maple syrup I was looking to buy that day. I also found blueberry syrup. Oh my!! Who knew they made such a thing???!!! I could not resist it. So Smucker's blueberry syrup went home with me that day (*smiles*).

My husband and I thought we would make our own blueberry pancakes and tonight was the night. Would you look at those pancakes?? Makes my mouth water every time I look at them.
Here is my recipe if you want to make them yourself. Be sure and let me know what you think.

Michelle's Blueberry Pancakes (Serving for two)

  • 2 cups frozen blueberries, cooked
  • 2 tbs water
  • 2 large buttermilk pancakes or 4 medium sized buttermilk pancakes
  • 3/4 cup Smucker's blueberry syrup, warmed
  • Butter, as little or as much as you desire
Place frozen blueberries and 2 tablespoons of water in a small sauce pan. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, and then low heat for another 5 minutes. Prepare and cook the buttermilk pancakes. If you would rather not make your own pancakes, buy the already made one's in the frozen section at your local grocery store. Put the desired amount of butter on each pancake, while pancakes are still hot. Warm blueberry syrup in the microwave.

Over buttered pancakes put half of the cooked blueberries. Drizzle blueberry syrup over top. You are ready to dig in and enjoy!!


Lastly, I leave you with pictures of the little one's. There is nothing sweeter than these!!

Little Pumpkin


Bugga Bugga






0 comments: